Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter


HE IS RISEN...HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!!!
Happy Easter everyone! I love Easter because it is such an amazing reminder of God's love and faithfulness to us. Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and conquered death by rising from the dead in victory! Jesus became the bridge that crossed the great divide. He made a way for us to spend eternity in heaven with Him. Praise the Lord. What a loving Savior we have. 

In my family, we love tradition. My mom has started so many fun traditions that we do every year for Easter. I wanted to share some of the fun things that we do every year that help us remember Christ's sacrifice.


One of our favorite traditions is our EASTER GARDEN.

What you will need...


* Three crosses
* A cup
* A plastic container
* A round rock
1. Fill the container with dirt 
2. Bury the cup in the dirt with the hole showing
3. soak some wheat berries in water for about 30 min 


4. Next cover the dirt with the wheat berries
5. Finally Stick the three crosses over the cup and set the rock on the side

Your garden should look like this...


Start your garden about 2 weaks before Easter so it can grow beautiful grass. Spray it with a spray bottle several times a day.

On Good Friday wrap "Jesus" up in grave clothes and lay Him in the tomb. Then on Easter morning roll the stone away and take "Jesus" out. Put an angel in His place and read the Easter story together as a family!!! 


EASTER BOOKS...



Benjamin's Box - Religious Christian Easter Books for Kids

The Very First Easter - Religious Christian Easter Books for Kids


I own these books and think they are great!

EASTER EGGS...



Twelve days before Easter we start opening our Resurrection Eggs. In each egg there is an item with a piece of paper describing what it represents. 


EGG
1. CRACKER 
reminds me of the last supper. Matt 26:26
2.COIN
reminds me that Judas sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver Matt 26:14-16
3. WHIP
reminds me Jesus was arrested and brought before Pilate and beaten. 
 4.PURPLE CLOTH
reminds me that Jesus was taken to the governor and there they made fun of Him because He said He was a king. They put a purple robe on Him. Matt 27: 28
5. THORN
reminds me that the people who didn't love Jesus made a crown of thorns and pressed it into His head. Matt 27:29
6. CROSS
reminds me that Jesus had to carry the big cross up the hill called Golgotha. Matt 27: 32
7. NAIL
reminds me that Jesus had to be nailed to the cross so that we could be forgiven of our sins. Matt 27:35
8. DICE
reminds me that the soldiers cast lots for Jesus' clothing. Matt 17:35
9. SPONGE
reminds me that when Jesus was thirsty and asked for a drink of water they gave Him vinegar on a sponge. Matt 27:48
10. WHITE GAUZE
reminds me that Jesus' friends took His body and wrapped Him in grave clothes and buried Him in a tomb. Matt 27:59
11. STONE
reminds me that early on Easter morning the Angel came and rolled the stone away from the tomb.Matt 28:2  
12. EMPTY 
this reminds me that the tomb was empty!!!! Jesus is risen!

I hope your Easter is wonderful! If you have any traditions or comments please leave a comment below. I would love to hear them.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts